Monday 29 June 2009

So upon reading (from some prompting from Kelsey) a post on Latus's blog about Blizzard's planned faction-change service, I went over to the EU forums to look for a similar post. I found it pretty quickly, and despite knowing better took a look at a couple of the responses. It only took me a few posts to find this gem.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Blizzard, you've forgotten the RPG element!

The biggest part of the RPG is roleplaying a character! Slowly, step by step, you are making it possible to completely rewrite the genetics, history and attitude of your character after its creation.

THIS IS RETARDED AND STUPID IN AN RPG ENVIRONMENT. We're supposed to grow our characters and become attached to their strengths as well as their flaws rather than just changing completely whenever we feel we have a flaw.

Blizzard... please revoke this feature immediately. It kills the sense of achievement that the game has fed on for countless of years!

I may sound like a drama queen but...

THIS FEATURE KILLS WOW."


I really have no idea how to go about addressing this post because I can't see at all where they're coming from. Normally, even when I completely disagree with somebody, I can understand the thought process behind it. This just seems to be completely illogical.

Maybe I'll take a stab at it tomorrow, it's just leaving me confused right now though.

1 comment: