Wednesday 5 August 2009

First Impressions of 3.2

Because everyone else is doing it.

It took me ~35 minutes to download the patch, only to have problems with installation because "WoW.exe couldn't be found." I had the bright idea of moving the downloader file for the patch over to my World of Warcraft folder (where the WoW.exe file is located - makes sense, right?) and running it - only to find I had to download the patch again. ~60% later I finally remembered I'd already downloaded the patch into another folder, cancelled the download and copied the files over. Same error.

The fix? Right-click, "Run as Administrator" on WoW.exe then run the patch install again. Fuck you, Vista.

The patch is now installed and I've spent half an hour trying to log into a server that went up nearly an hour late (thanks Blizzard). I'm getting as far as "Retrieving character list" before finally being disconnected.

At this point I haven't even seen 3.2 in action and I hate it already. Will update when I can actually login.

No comments:

Post a Comment